Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Little Boy's Prayer

Just when we thought we were coping, Ashton begins pleading with God for his sissy to come to America SOON. At home, we haven't really been talking about the adoption for the last couple of weeks because we are really discouraged. As you know from my previous post, Jason and I are trying to focus on our life as it is right now and just enjoy each other. Well, that technique doesn't seem to be working for Ashton. For the last several nights, this is how his prayers have been going:

"God, please make Mommy feel better. Please let Mommy and Daddy go get Sissy and bring her to 'Merica and to me. God, please let Mommy and Daddy go to Ukraine and get Sissy now and bring her to 'Merica and bring Mommy and Daddy back to me. Thank you for Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Batman, Wonderwoman, and Hawkgirl. Amen."

Now, my prayer is that God will answer my little boy's heartfelt prayer for his sissy.

4 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

Erica,
I wish I had something wise to say, but I don't. I guess I just want you to know that a lot of us are praying for your family and hoping you'll hear good news about traveling soon.

You're blessed to have such a sweet little boy!

junglemama said...

How precious! I hope you hear something soon. We too are waiting for an appt.

Shirley and Steve said...

What a sweet prayer. We can only hope that it comes true as soon as possible.

Thanks for your encouragement to us. God bless...


Steve

Dave said...

God's timing. Waiting on Him with you.
Gina