Thursday, January 10, 2008

Daily Bible Reading

My Bible devotion for today was about adoption and trust - imagine that. God never ceases to amaze me as to His perfect timing. Here are some of the key verses for today:


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13


"My son, do not forget My teaching, but keep My commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sign of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3: 1-6


The author's beginning words:
"Trust is such a lovely word in a world thoroughly self-indulged and complicated. It is quiet. Simple. It represents freedom. Rest. Letting go...Most of us are too busy and noisy to hear the 'still, small voice.' To identify it. To trust in its power above our human strivings."


The author's final words:
"Let go completely. Trust. Live with it all in an open hand before God. Jesus promises He WILL work it out. I do believe for you, always....a new sunrise."
(Taken from Women's Devotional Bible; Author: Ann Kiemel Anderson 1990)

2 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

Thank you for sharing these passages. They are such powerful words for us to cling to during times of uncertainty. I feel like God has used this adoption process to draw me closer and help me learn that I have to trust Him, not my own abilitites. As a person who likes control, it's a struggle, but everytime I let go, He shows me His perfect plan and it's effortless.

Please keep posting specfic prayer requests as we'll check in daily and be praying for your family.

Erica said...

Kathy & Matt,

Thank you for your comments - they are very uplifting for us. We having been following your blog as well and will continue to do so. Your family is my prayers as well.