Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Our 5th Wedding Anniversary


On December 28, 2007, Jason and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We took Ashton with us to see Opryland's ICE exhibit which is based upon "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas". This was one of the best shows ever because of the extensive use of color. My favorite part is the end where you walk into a large room featuring Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus. Regardless of the theme, Opryland always concludes the show with a scene reflecting the birth of Jesus Christ - pretty awesome if you ask me!

When Jason proposed in 2001, he chose to do so at Opryland Hotel. The night was perfect. It was the first year for the ICE show and the Rockettes, so we had tickets to both. After the shows, we walked through the hotel and enjoyed all the decorations and gardens. I saw Jason bend down and thought that he was having trouble with his shoelace, so I sat down on a bench to wait for him. I was busy looking around and next thing I know, he's in front of me holding a black box. Oh, by the way, Jason didn't realize how deep his jacket pocket was, so he had a hard time getting the box out, that's what took him so long. He later said he felt dorky down on his knee with strangers gawking, but for me it was a moment I will never forget! Well, you might say that the rest is history, however each year during December, we always try to make it back to Opryland and enjoy all the festivities.

No comments: