Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Waiting Game

Well, there's not really any news to report, but we know that people are curious so we thought we would post an update. We have completely redone our dossier because most of our documents were going to expire on May 8, 2008. When I went to the Williamson County Clerk's office for the notary certification, a little lady almost ran me over in order to obtain a parking space. The lady at the desk wasn't too happy about assisting me, so she said that she was going to get the pregnant lady to help me because she did nothing but stay in the restroom all day. She literally went into the bathroom and retrieved the poor, about-to-pop clerk! Needless to say, I don't think the co-workers are bossom buddies. The lady who works at the Secretary of State is very polite and always asks for a status update. I guess it's a little sad that we've been up there so much but that's just the way the paperchase has gone for us. I have to make one more trip tomorrow to apostille 13 more documents and then we will be finished - hopefully. We've had the documents for almost 2 weeks, but my schedule just hasn't allowed me the chance to get them apostilled at the Secretary of State.


I e-mailed Yuri yesterday about a family who is wanting to adopt, so he responded today and gave me an update on our case. He stated that he went to the SDA this morning and inquired about our status. We still have a while to wait, but that's okay. We're actually getting pretty good at this waiting game. In the meantime, I am wrapping-up some cases at work and Jason is working more overtime to help pay for the additional costs of a second trip.


We are getting anxious, but we are definitely willing to wait if it means that we will get a good referall this time around. We are faithful to read the blogs posted on the right side of the screen. It is so uplifting to see God working all over the globe creating families. It's also amazing to know that we are praying for families that we will most likely never meet and that people are out there praying for us as well. Adoption is truly a miracle and has God's signature all over it!

No comments: