Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Any names yet?

Okay, the question that is asked daily, "What names do you have picked out?"

For those of you who weren't around us when I was pregnant with Ashton, Jason and I have a terrible time agreeing on names. It took nine months to come-up with Ashton Cade! Things haven't changed much in three years. We still can't agree about names. Jason likes the name Julianna. This past summer, he went on a mission trip to the Lakota Indian Reservation in South Dakota and one of the little girls there was named Julianna. Whereas Jason drove the van to pick-up the children for VBS, he had written down her name in his book so that he wouldn't forget to pick her up in the mornings. I like the name, however I don't want people to shorten it to Julie.

I like the names Maura and Tetianna. Jason says that both names are "nice" but he still prefers Julianna. He has actually been pretty sneaky because he has taught Ashton to say that his sister's name is Julianna - not too fair, if you ask me! One thing about it, Ashton is quick to correct you if you say that his sister's name is anything but Julianna, so maybe his defense of her name will keep people from shortening it.

We have 3 name books that we are taking with us!

1 comment:

BoBo said...

I think the only nickname Ashton will allow is JayJay! I tried out JuJu, but he didn't like that at all!
Leigh