Sunday, October 14, 2007

One Month to the Appointment Date

One month from today, we will have paid our first (and hopefully only) visit to the SDA. November 14th is our appointment date with the SDA at which time we will be shown the profiles of a few children who meet our adoption critieria (age 14 mos - 3 years; with minor correctible health condition). I was sitting in church tonight and the thought ran through my mind that in one month, we will be in an apartment or flat preparing to meet our newly selected child within the next day or so.


I am so nervous about the SDA meeting because there is no guarantee that a relatively healthy child will be available. I am trying so hard not to worry but to leave it in God's hands - I'm failing miserably at that right now. Please pray specifically that on Nov. 14th, God will have our child's profile in the selection that we are presented on that day and that we will know without a doubt which child to visit. Also, please pray for peace for us, especially me (Erica) because Jason seems to be completely at ease while my stomach is tied-up in knots. I look at Ashton and my heart breaks because I can't stand the thought of leaving him for such a long period of time. I know that we've made the right decision to leave him with family, but that doesn't mean we won't miss him dearly!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: