Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ashton's 3rd Birthday



Today, Ashton is turning 3! I can't believe how quickly these last few years have flown. I remember his very first birthday when we woke him up and placed a Nemo fish hat on his head - Nemo was his favorite character at the time, so of course that was the theme of his party. He was so little and hardly had any hair that amounted to more than peach fuzz!


Currently, Ashton is fixated by Spiderman. We have transformed the garage into Spidey headquarters. I stayed up very late into the night working on his cake because I want it to be just right for "The Man" as Ashton refers to himself. His party was a success and all everyone had loads of fun! We ended the evening with supper at Demos - Ashton's 2nd favorite restaurant (Cracker Barrell is his 1st choice).


On Friday, Nanny Shields and I joined Ashton's class at Southeast Baptist Daycare to celebrate his birthday with cupcakes and ice cream. The children were adorable with chocolate all over their little faces. Ashton was so proud to have his Nanny Shields at his party - I'm sure it was an event that meant a lot to her as well.


We had a wonderful birthday weekend!

No comments: